Saturday, March 26, 2011

Each day is a gift

This morning I awoke at 4am.  Couldn't get back to sleep, even using the most favorite tricks like counting my breaths backward  1000, 999, 998 -- when I got down to the 860's I gave up. 

Sleepless nights are good for considering things.  I contemplated our 180,000+ club account signups, the overall cheerful tone of the 300,000+ forum messages we have moderated, and wondered how this unruly pony will turn out.

My husband arose and fed the real life horses early, at about 6. I was glad when he returned, and drifted off to sleep for a few minutes before the alarm went off.

When I got up I was cold and groggy and not very alert, so I showered and then came in to the office to check my computer while I drank a cup of tea.  I sat down, drank a swallow of tea, and fell deeply asleep for a couple minutes.  After eluding me for hours, sleep was all I wanted...perchance to dream....

My husband then woke me up, and I got up, drank my tea, and went off to a business meeting. 

There I learned that Club Pony Pals currently is a "visual slice" of the game we really want to build.  What a nice term, thanks to Stew Kosoy for sharing that vision. Also big thanks to Mark Harwood for organizing the PGA event today.

It is late here now, the wmails keep pouring in but I have to stop sometime. Tomorrow is another day.

To sleep, perchance to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment