Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Politicians are crooks, we have video

The nightly TV news content should be the most important stories, the things that will influence our lives.  Right now the Japanese meltdown of nuclear reactors should be at the top of the list, but it is not.  Why?  The footage is boring.

Translation from TVspeak = the first question for any story on the news should be how important is the story.  The actual first question is "Is there footage?" meaning good video images to accompany the story.

In this instance, yes there is.

Long ago, I thought politicians were civic-minded professionals who served at the behest of the electorate and lived to serve our best interests. 

My opinion has changed a bit, this video made me laugh.

This guy is the President of the Czech Republic. He cannot hide, yet watching the video I had to laugh.  He is so human. This is such a typical simian behavior -- he grins because he thought he was not being watched.


Big Brother is alive and well. Maybe in this case, not such a bad thing. I do know that this video made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment